Dearest Geography Students,

Are you a rockstar geographer? Do you want to wear special cords at graduation? Do you want to be eligible for geography scholarships? Do you want to boost your resume/CV? Do you want to be recognized at our annual awards ceremony? Are you still reading this? If so…

You are invited to apply for membership to Gamma Theta Upsilon – The International Geographic Honor Society. Potential members must meet the following eligibility requirements:
GTU is open to graduate and undergraduate students, majors and minors, and we hope that all eligible geographers in our department will join. If you are not currently eligible, do not fear, as we will hold a membership drive once a year (usually in the middle of the Fall semester).

Becoming a member of GTU is simple. Fill out the attached form, write a check to Gamma Theta Upsilon for $40, and come to the department's Spring Awards Ceremony and be recognized as a new GTU initiate! We will also be giving an award for the most outstanding member.

If you are interested in joining, please send the $40 check and completed form to my office (313 Burchfiel) by March 1st. If you do not join by then you will have to wait until next year!

GTU has its own journal (The Geographic Bulletin) and has several scholarship opportunities. If you have any questions you can ask me, or check out the webpage for yourself. http://www.gammathetaupsilon.org/

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Kelsey

Dr. Kelsey N. Ellis