Nitrogen and people and mud, Oh my!

Unless we are farmers, people battling aquatic weeds, or climate modelers, most of us don't think a lot about nitrogen.  But perhaps we should!  Learn why in today's colloquium in the library auditorium  starting at 3:40 TODAY Thursday Feb 23rd, by visiting geographer and ecologist Dr. Kendra McLauchlan:  "Reconstructing Nitrogen Cycling in the Paleorecord to Assess Current Global Changes."

Our colloquium talk today does not include refreshments but there will be lovely refreshments tomorrow, courtesy of Phi Beta Kappa and Tennessee Women in Geography, at Dr. McLauchlan's informal presentation from 12:30-1:30 in Room 201 Burchfiel, on: "Perspectives on a ‘Changing Climate’ toward Women in Environmental Science."  Note that our visitor promises to share not just personal experience but also real data.

Hope to see all geographers at these events!

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography
304 Burchfiel Geography Building
1000 Phillip Fulmer Way