FYI.
From: Lee, Aram [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2017 11:20 PM
Subject: National Geographic Grant Application Deadline: April 1, 2017

Dear colleagues,

For more than 125 years, the National Geographic Society has been awarding grants to talented, innovative individuals working on research, conservation and exploration projects around the world. As you may know, in July 2015, we launched a new effort to expand our grant-making across Asia. Watch this video<http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/160106-sciex-global-exploration-fund-asia> to find out more about this program. We are delighted to share that our first rounds of grant reviews, held in November 2015, May 2016, and November 2016 resulted in the support of 65 projects, with 27 projects supporting Early Career Applicants (those leading their own project for the first time).

We are now preparing for our grant application reviews and would like your help in attracting qualified applicants to our program. Applications can be submitted in different categories: Research, Conservation, Education, Storytelling and Technology. Additionally there are opportunities for Early Career Grants within each category. If you’re interested in applying to us for funding or know of colleagues or friends who might be interested in applying, please go to our website<http://www.nationalgeographic.org/grants> for more information.

National Geographic welcomes applications from around the world, and specifically encourages applicants from outside the United States to apply. In Asia, our program has additional funding to support legal residents of Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam working in the natural, social and physical sciences, as well as photography, journalism and education. We especially encourage multi-disciplinary and international collaboration to arrive at cross-cutting, multi-perspective, and regional solutions.

The program will award Standard Grants (typically USD 30,000) and Early Career Grants<http://www.nationalgeographic.com/explorers/grants-programs/yeg-application/> (typically USD 5,000). In rare circumstances, Expedited Grants (up to USD 15,000) are considered. A committee comprised of experts from around the world will evaluate the grant proposals.

We are currently accepting applications online, and we encourage you to share this information with your colleagues, students and greater network. National Geographic is excited to be supporting science, conservation, education and storytelling in the region, and we hope you or your colleagues will consider applying for a grant.  Please note the deadlines for application submission for 2017: is

April 1, for decision by August 21

July 1, for decision by November 30, 2017.

Additional information about how to apply for a grant is available at www.nationalgeographic.org/grants<http://nationalgeographic.org/grants>

Many thanks and kind regards,

Dave Schacht

Vice President, Global Initiatives