Geographers,
Kurt Butefish, TN Geographic Alliance, and I were invited to a meeting at Fulton High School here in Knoxville today because they are interested in offering an Introduction to GIS course next year. Like most people, however, none of the students know what GIS is so they’ve asked us to set up a 30 minute, interactive sales pitch to help recruit juniors and seniors to take the class. Of course, students are signing up for classes this week and next. If a couple of you with GIS, remote sensing, drone, lidar, or other geospatial experience are free next Tuesday, March 7, we could use your help to share your passion with geography. If you want to help but can’t attend due to other obligations, we could also use some help with visual aids like lidar scan fly through videos, samples of 3D drone mapping, interactive or static maps, etc.

Please get in touch with me or Kurt if you want to help.

Kurt Butefish – [log in to unmask]

Michael Camponovo, CFM
GIS Outreach Coordinator
Geography Department