Good afternoon,

We have a few events in the near future and we hope you can join us.  Below is a list of
events with a short description of each:

Thursday, Feb 23 1:00pm-2:30pm--E&E Forum: Bankfull Characteristics of Alluvial Rivers
- Gary Parker, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, will present a talk entitled
Bankfull Characteristics of Alluvial Rivers. He will present a framework for quantifying the
formative processes leading to the establishment of bankfull geometry, in order to gain
physical insight into the relation between bankfull characteristics and local hydrology.

Friday, Feb 24 1:00pm-2:30pm--E&E Forum: The Road from the Paris Climate Agreement
- Andrew Light, George Mason University, will present a talk entitled The Road from the
Paris Climate Agreement. He previously has served as former Senior Adviser on Climate
Change at the U.S. Department of State. In his lecture, he will review the recent history
of the UN climate negotiations, as well as discuss the future for global climate
cooperation, especially in light of the last federal election in the United States.

Monday, Feb 27 1:15pm-2:45pm--Understanding the 1st Amendment on Campus - The
Baker Center presents a unique opportunity to learn about the First Amendment at our
event entitled Understanding the 1st Amendment on Campus. The event will feature a
lecture, followed by a panel discussion and Q&A with the audience. The purpose of this
event will be to discuss our First Amendment freedoms, rights, and responsibilities on a
university campus.

Monday, Feb 27 5:30pm-6:30pm--Last Lecture with Dr. Jimmy Cheek - In partnership with
UT Mortar Board, we are pleased to offer the Last Lecture with Chancellor Cheek, which is
patterned after Dr. Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture in 2007. Dr. Cheek will share his thoughts
about life, career and education — thoughts he might share if it were his last lecture — as
he sits down for an interview with UT Mortar Board president and vice president, William
Fredebeil and Abby Link.

All events are free and open to the public! All events held in Toyota Auditorium. Flyers
with additional information are attached.