Both the Eugene Garfield Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship (see below) and the Jesse Shera Dissertation Award (http://www.ala.org/offices/ors/orsawards/sheradissertation/shera2
) are great opportunities for those of you working on your dissertations!  These are annual awards so even if you are not quite there yet, make note for when the time is right.  -Diane

From: Alison Lewis - BPM <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 4:30 PM
To: Diane Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Garfield Doctoral Dissertation Fellowships

Dear Dr. Kelly:

I'm writing with a reminder that your doctoral students may be eligible to apply for a Eugene Garfield Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship from the Beta Phi Mu Honor Society. As you may know, these fellowships provide US$3,000.00 support for a student at the dissertation-writing phase of their degree program, with a focus on library and information science, information studies, informatics, and related fields. The deadline for this year’s awards is March 15, 2017.

More information and a link to the application for this award can be found here: http://www.betaphimu.org/garfield.html   I have also attached a copy of a flyer suitable for posting or sharing via a listserv. Could you please help get the word out about this generous award to your potentially eligible students?

Many thanks,

Alison Lewis

Alison M. Lewis, Ph.D.
Executive Director