From: Ischoolsweb [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of J.D. Ross
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 1:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ISchoolsWeb] The Syracuse iSchool at ALISE & faculty openings

The Syracuse University iSchool has openings for two open rank faculty positions. Those positions are:

Open Rank Faculty

The iSchool is soliciting applications from scholars to join its renowned and interdisciplinary faculty in one or more of the following areas:

·        data science

·        cloud management

·        cloud/distributed computing

This tenure track position is open rank, and we specifically encourage graduating doctoral students, senior assistant professors, and recently tenured faculty to apply.

For more information read the full job posting, https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/67952

Library and Information Science - Open Rank Faculty

The iSchool is soliciting applications from scholars to join its renowned and interdisciplinary faculty in the area of library and information science. This tenure track position is open rank, and we specifically encourage graduating doctoral students, senior assistant professors, and recently tenured faculty to apply.

For more information, read the full job posting, https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/67968

The iSchool is not holding formal interviews at ALISE, but will have faculty available to talk informally about the openings and the iSchool.  Those faculty are:

·       Liz Liddy, Dean

·       Barbara Stripling, Senior Associate Dean

·       Jill Hurst-Wahl, Director, MSLIS Program

·       Rachel Clarke, Assistant Professor

Please feel free to talk to one of us during the Conference Activity events, https://alise2017.sched.com/overview/type/Conference+Activity.

iSchool at ALISE Sessions: The iSchool is pleased that Rachel Clarke is presenting posters at both the Work-in-Progress session on Tuesday and the Doctoral Student Research Poster Session on Thursday.  We are also pleased that Dean Liz Liddy is one of the panelists at the ALISE Council of Deans, Directors, Chairs Meeting on Wednesday.