Geography students, cc faculty:

More summer internship opportunities shared by our Geography Department alumnus Joshua Albritton (BA, MS UTK Geography).

Making something like this work as a graduate student is difficult, because grad students need to be working on their research over the summer to progress through our program.  But undergrads and recent graduates (all degree levels) should take note of these opportunities! Some will put you in the position for non-competitive hiring in the future, meaning it would be easier to get a permanent job with a federal agency.

Sincerely,

Sally

Derek / Sally

Here are a few good opportunities for folks in the Geosciences and cultural resources. Sally I thought you may be particularly interested with your involvement with GEOPATHS. These two programs match college students with internships within the NPS. The links are below.

Geosciences:
https://www.geosociety.org/GSA/Education_Careers/Field_Experiences/gip/GSA/fieldexp/gip.aspx
www.geosociety.org
Do you want to work in a National Park? The National Park Service (NPS) is looking for students and professionals in the geosciences and other natural resource fields ...

Cultural:
http://www.usaconservation.org/programs/epic-internship/crdip-home/
www.usaconservation.org
The Cultural Resources Diversity Internship Program (CRDIP) provides career exploration opportunities for diverse undergraduate and graduate students and recent ...

Joshua

Joshua W. Albritton
Technician, NREMT
Great Smoky Mountains National Park