Dear Geographers,

Jen Schweitzer, Kimberley Sheldon, and I are pleased to invite you to a series of formal and informal presentations on research on climate change and the changing social climate for women in science.  The first of the two posters I am attaching describes the seminar series, which is supported by a grant from the Haines Morris fund in the College of Arts and Sciences and by additional funds from the Department of Geography, the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, and Phi Beta Kappa.  The days, times, and locations of all talk are on this poster.  You'll note that our third speaker, Kendra McLauchlan, is a Professor of Geography.  Her formal presentation will be our Department Colloquium on February 27, and her informal presentation the next day will be our Lillian Stimson Event for the year.  The Special Events Committee and Tennessee Women in Geography will help me plan these two events.

The second poster I am attaching gives you more detail on our first speaker, Erika Zavaleta from the Environmental Studies Department at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and includes the abstract of her formal talk.

I hope you will consider attending the formal and informal talks of several of our speakers.  All faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students are invited to all talks.  The informal talks and the colloquium talk by Kendra McLauchlan will feature light refreshments.

If you would like a time to meet with one of our speakers during her visit, please let me know and I will try to arrange this.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor