Dear undergraduates, cc graduate students who might know other possible candidates,

Attached please find announcements for three vegetation monitoring internships and 1 vegetation mapping internship in Great Smoky Mountains National Park.  Last year, a student in my "Plants, People, and Climate of North America" was selected for one of these internships.  She had a great experience and the park was delighted to have her on staff!

These announcements are shared by Joshua Albritton, who earned his B.A. and M.S. degrees in our department.  Yes, he is a UT Geographer and a true friend of our department!  Applicants do need some biological background, but geography and sustainability majors who have some plant and vegetation skills are encouraged to apply.  (Take my course in the Fall to get some for next summer if these positions are of interest to you, I expect there will be more openings down the road!)

Sincerely,

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography