Hello Again Geographers -

In my initial read I missed the following from our own Derek Alderman and Josh Inwood that was included in the same story.

Faculty, Staff, and Student Stories That Captivated Us in 2016<https://t.e2ma.net/click/0fn4ge/cl7cpfb/8dbs8jb>

http://tntoday.utk.edu/2017/01/09/faculty-staff-student-stories-captivated-year/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Read%20more...&utm_campaign=tntoday

Using Wendell Scott and NASCAR to Discuss Civil Rights-Wendell Scott, the first and only African-American driver to win a race in NASCAR's Grand National Series, competed throughout the segregated Jim Crow South during the tense days of the civil rights movement. UT geographers Derek Alderman and Joshua Inwood wrote in the Annals of the American Association of Geographers, describing Scott's fight to move about the racetrack on his own terms as a microcosm of today's continued struggle for equal rights.

My apologies to Derek and Josh!

Kurt Butefish
Coordinator
Tennessee Geographic Alliance