Dear students,

In this Spring semester, I will be offering GEOG 414: Spatial Data
Management. Spatial data is one of the most important ingredients for
spatial analysis. Without suitable data, a geographic information system
cannot exert its full potential. In this course, we will explore various
types of spatial data, such as topographic data, DEM, hydrography data,
land use/land cover data, socioeconomic data, and volunteered data
(e.g., OpenStreetMap data). In addition, you will learn how to
effectively manage these data through geodatabases and how to query data
to answer your questions through structured query language (SQL). This
course involves lectures and hands-on lab assignments. You will gain
understanding on different spatial datasets, and will develop skills
with multiple software packages, such as ArcGIS, QGIS, Microsoft Access,
and PostgreSQL.

If you are interested in this course, please feel free to contact me

Cheers,
Yingjie

--
Yingjie Hu, PhD