Dear UT Geography Community:

I have just returned from the College's Annual Awards Ceremony.  It is my pleasure to let you know that Dr. Philip Li was honored this evening, receiving the Excellence in Research/Creative Achievement Award (Mid Career Level).  Please join me in congratulating him on this important recognition, reflecting his many years of hard work.  The exact wording of the narrative read at the College ceremony is below so that you can get a sense of Dr. Li's achievements.  I am also happy to report that this is the fourth year in a row that a faculty member within the Department of Geography has received one of the College's research award.  It is a proud record that I hope can continue for many more years.

Best wishes,
Derek Alderman
Department Head

Dr. Yingkui (Philip) Li, Associate Professor in the Department of Geography, has been a faculty member at UT since 2009, after serving three years at the University of Missouri.  Collaborating with scientists from across the globe, Dr. Li has developed innovative approaches that use cosmogenic nuclides to investigate glacial chronology and erosion patterns in the Swedish Mountains, Tibet, Central Asia, and Costa Rica highlands-all key indicator areas in the search to understand the pace and geographic dimensions of ongoing global climate change.  His integration of rigorous field-based data collection with GIS and complex environmental modelling is noteworthy for advancing paleo-climate study and environmental reconstruction. Dr. Li has established an enviable publication record, having (co)authored over 75 articles in high impact journals, with 25 of those pieces appearing since 2014.  His research is supported by the National Science Foundation, EPA, National Natural Science Foundation of China, and Chinese Academy of Sciences.