Dear Geographers (Faculty and Students):

Please see the email below from Associate Advising Director Jeff Elliot.  Mr. Elliot has asked if we can provide a faculty member and a couple of students (can include undergrad) to staff a table at a promotional event.  The College is expecting a larger number of prospective students, and this could be a good opportunity to promote the Geography Department and our new BA concentrations.

I apologize for the short notice (happens this Friday 10am-11:30am with lunch provided afterwards)), but I just got word myself.  If you have an interest in assisting with this effort, please let me know ASAP.  I especially want to welcome the undergrads to participate.  Prospective students would benefit greatly from your impressions of UT and the Department.

If there is some interest (on the faculty and student side) in helping out, then please email me ([log in to unmask]) ASAP.

Best wishes,

DA

Derek H. Alderman, PhD

Vice President, American Association of Geographers

Professor & Head, Department of Geography

Betty Lynn Hendrickson Professor of Social Science

University of Tennessee

304C Burchfiel Geography Building

Knoxville, TN 37996-0925

Voice: (865) 974-0406