VOL means ALL: Message from Dean Theresa Lee to UT students

Dear Geography Students:

I would like to draw your attention to the message below from Dean Lee.  She identifies some resources for students in need while also reaffirming the College’s commitment and her own for diversity, inclusion, and the general support of students.  Dean Lee was one of the major reasons that I came to UT, and her statement speaks to a vision, compassion, and ethics that I saw (and continue to see) now 4 plus years later.  Allow me to offer my own help to any student in our program as we come to grips with ongoing debates, unrests, and a new political order.  I and the whole Department of Geography remain deeply devoted to making UT a better and more socially just place.

Best wishes,

Derek

Derek H. Alderman, PhD

Vice President, American Association of Geographers

Professor & Head, Department of Geography

Betty Lynn Hendrickson Professor of Social Science

University of Tennessee

304C Burchfiel Geography Building

Knoxville, TN 37996-0925

Voice: (865) 974-0406