All,
I received an update from the organizers for this winter’s Cumberland URISA meeting at Austin Peay in January related to student posters and student costs. Details below but the short answer is that students who submit a poster will receive free admission to the workshop. If you are interested in pursuing a career in the geosciences and want to stay in Tennessee or Kentucky this would be an excellent opportunity to network.
---------

Demetrio passed along your questions regarding student participation in our annual meeting. I have provided more detail below, but want to first answer one of your major questions: admission for Day 1, which is the main event, is free for all students who participate in the poster presentation.

We have placed a major emphasis this year on increasing the value that students get out of participating in this meeting, especially as a presenter. I have attached the most recent copy of our flyer and detail the benefits to the student presenters below. We also encourage faculty/staff to attend in order to bridge the gap between universities and private industry.

The student presentations will consist of a standard poster that will be displayed throughout the day on January 9th, with time allocated during lunch for all attendees to view the posters and provide feedback. Students who participate as presenters will receive the following benefits:
·         Free attendance to Day 1 (Jan. 9th) of the conference (lunch included).
·         1 year membership to Cumberland URISA – membership gives you discounted access to workshops either sponsored or offered by Cumberland URISA.
·         Receive project feedback from industry professionals. This could include ways to improve the project or how to market the project’s success.
·         Network with industry professionals.

All attendees will be able to sign up at http://www.cumberlandurisa.org/events.html once the link is live (should be in the next week). We hope to see some of your students there!

Please contact me with any questions!

James McCallon
GIS Analyst
[cid:[log in to unmask]]
PRIME AE Group, Inc.
9900 Corporate Campus Drive | Suite 3000 | Louisville, Kentucky 40223
P: 502 493 6510 | C: 502 744 9153 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

An ENR Top 500 Company
Connecting. Creating. Conserving. Community.
www.primeeng.com<http://www.primeeng.com/>
[cid:[log in to unmask]]<https://www.facebook.com/PRIME-AE-Group-1209672415716310/>[cid:[log in to unmask]]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/prime-engineering-inc-?trk=nav_account_sub_nav_company_admin> [cid:[log in to unmask]] <https://twitter.com/PRIME_Eng>

Michael Camponovo, CFM
GIS Outreach Coordinator
Geography Department
209A Burchfiel Geography Building