Club Geography --

Pls see the CfP announcement by Ethnic Geography's Student Committee .....

Best,

Madhuri

From: Ana Sanchez-Rivera via AAG Knowledge Communities <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 1:47 PM
To: Sharma, Madhuri
Subject: [Ethnic Geography] : CFP: Emerging Scholars in Ethnic Geography

*** APOLOGIES FOR CROSSPOSTING*** CFP: Emerging Scholars in Ethnic Geography Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting Boston ... -posted to the "Ethnic Geography" community
Association of American Geographers

Ethnic Geography

CFP: Emerging Scholars in Ethnic Geography
Reply to Group Reply to Sender
Ana I. Sanchez-Rivera
Oct 10, 2016 1:48 PM
Ana I. Sanchez-Rivera

*** APOLOGIES FOR CROSSPOSTING***

CFP: Emerging Scholars in Ethnic Geography

Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting – Boston

April 5-9, 2017

Organized by:

AAG Ethnic Geography Specialty Group Student Committee

Members:

Ana Sanchez, University of Maryland

Donghee Koh, University of Tennessee

Scott Markley, University of Georgia

John Ponstingel, University of Binghamton

The Student Committee of the AAG’s Ethnic Geography Specialty Group would like to announce a call for papers for the 2017 AAG meeting. One of the committee’s main initiatives is to increase student participation in ethnic geography, including presenting student research at conferences.

We are looking to organize one or more sessions featuring the work of students (at the undergrad or graduate level) who focus broadly on the theme of ethnic geography. This includes any number of broad topics, hence submissions from all geographic fields and specializations are welcome.

Examples of suitable topics include:

– US internal ethnic migration

– Lived experiences of Latino/as in the US South

– Global Chinese migration patterns

– Place-making practices of skilled migrants in the EU

– Racial and ethnic segregation and/or discrimination

– Disparate impacts of predatory lending on minority homebuyers

– Landscape meaning of ethnic memorialization

– Refugee experiences in the US, Europe, or elsewhere

– International ethnic conflicts

Submissions on other related themes are also solicited. Professors and academic advisors are strongly encouraged to ask their students to participate.

If you are interested in participating, please send an abstract of 250 words to Scott Markley by October 24, 2016. We will respond to you with our decision the following day.

Thanks,

-EGSG Student Committee

Correspondence: Scott Markley, [log in to unmask]

Ana Sanchez-Rivera, MA
PhD. Candidate - Geography
University of Maryland-College Park