From: ASPRS
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 1:02 PM
Subject: Scholarships Available
To: [log in to unmask]

Scholarships Available
The latest news from ASPRSView this email in your browser | [log in to unmask]&mfqid=30003453&mi=5975688&l=1&returnUrl=http://asprs.org"> Send to Friend
  October 12, 2016 In this issue - ASPRS Names Program Manager Jesse Winch as Acting Executive Director
- Apply for ASPRS Scholarships
- ASPRS Treasurer Dr. Don Lauer Retiring
- ASPRS Annual Conference: IGTF 2017
- ASPRS Training Webinar

ASPRS Names Program Manager Jesse Winch as Acting Executive Director

ASPRS welcomes Program Manager Jesse Winch as our Acting Executive Director. He assumed this role on September 28, 2016, following the departure of Dr. Michael Hauck. We are excited about the new changes in store for ASPRS and will continue to work hard for our members and the geospatial community at large.

Apply for ASPRS Scholarships

Scholarship Website

ASPRS is pleased to offer twelve scholarship awards totaling more than $50,000 in value. Available to both undergraduate and graduate student-members of ASPRS, these resources have been generated with the intention of advancing academic and professional goals in the geospatial sciences. ASPRS recognizes that students are the future of these rapidly evolving fields and encourages all who are qualified to take advantage of these unique opportunities.

The Application Deadline for 2017 Awards is Tuesday, November 15, 2016

NEW IN 2015

All applicants for Scholarships and Awards must be current ASPRS student membersStudents can join today for the low rate of $50 by visiting asprs.org and clicking JOIN NOW

Undergraduates

Check out the ANSON, BEHRENS, and OSBORN awards, they’re for you!

Apply Today!

ASPRS Treasurer Dr. Don Lauer Retiring

ASPRS is grateful for the 12 years of conscientious service provided to ASPRS by our Treasurer, Dr. Don Lauer, who retired from this position on September 14, 2016. Dr. Lauer and his service to ASPRS will be celebrated in an upcoming issue of PE&RS. ASPRS welcomes Past-President Dr. Stewart A. Walker as our Acting Treasurer after being appointed by the Board of Directors on September 27, 2016.

ASPRS Annual Conference: IGTF 2017

March 11-17, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland

Conference Website

Join ASPRS in beautiful Baltimore, Maryland, for a week of exciting workshops, engaging presentations, and face to face experiences with the cutting edge in geospatial technology and science.

The abstract deadline has been extended to Monday, October 17, 2016.

Click here for more information and instructions on how to submit!

We are seeking a number of premier presentation and workshop submissions dealing with ASPRS core disciplines and their application in the collection, management, exploitation, and analysis of geospatial sources, data, and information. We are especially interested in contributions focused on the future and that provide a glimpse of innovation and technology on the horizon. Government agencies, private firms and university programs are greatly encouraged to submit an abstract on emerging application topics with high potential.

Dr. Jack Dangermond
EsriKass Green
Kass Green & AssocDr. Charles Toth
The Ohio State University

EXHIBITORS
Exhibitor Registration opens October 17, 2016. For further information contact Rae Kelley.

ASPRS Training Webinar

Remote Sensing of Vegetation

Thursday, October 20, 2016, 1:00-5:00 pm Eastern.

Instructor: Charles E. Olson, Jr., Professor Emeritus of Natural Resources, University of Michigan

1. What do we mean by “vegetation?”
2. Why do we care about it?
3. What is there about it that makes it detectable with remote sensors?

Member Price$300Nonmember Price$400Students (member or non-member)$100

Click here to register

American Society for Photogrammetry & Remote Sensing
5410 Grosvenor Lane, Suite 210
Bethesda, MD 20874Copyright © 2015 ASPRS - The Imaging and Geospatial Information Society, All rights reserved.
[log in to unmask]&fid=3262">Unsubscribe from this list | [log in to unmask]&fid=3262"> Update subscription preferences