Good news Club Geography!

We have been approved funding from SPAC for our Taste of the World event which means we need to start planning now.

The event will be held at the Frieson Black Cultural Center on Friday, November 18th and will be a great way to end GeoWeek. We will have dishes from all over the world and the event is open to the public. We want as many people as possible to attend the event in order to network while bringing awareness and interest to our department.

I am looking for volunteers, ideas, chefs and recipes so if you're interested please email me, Danielle, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

One more event coming up next week on Monday(10/17) and Tuesday(10/18) from 2:30 - 5PM is "Talk to a Geographer" in Hodges Library. We will have a table set up with snacks and information about our new concentrations and department. The goal is to start a conversation and answer any questions about Geography any students might have. Anyone is welcome to join and you do not have to stay the entire time. If you're interested please email me ASAP.

Best,

Danielle

Michael Camponovo, CFM
GIS Outreach Coordinator