Greetings,

I have a couple of updates to share with you regarding campus website design.

As many of you are aware, the web team is always working to improve the look, feel, and functionality of UT websites based in part on conversations with campus communicators and web designer/developers about what works and doesn’t work for their websites. We’ve kept your feedback and comments in mind, and have adjusted our visual requirements to include another option (called the “Desktop: Full-Width Option”). It could, for example, be used on sites where a vertical navigation is not optimal. Our office will not be creating a WordPress theme or downloads for this option at this time. This option is for units who have special needs and advanced web designers/developers.

>> Read more about adjusted website visual requirements on the brand.utk.edu website (http://brand.utk.edu/websites/visual-requirements/).

We’ve also been working on an addition to our existing template files—a simple design that can be used for websites that do not fit the traditional mold of a departmental or unit website but which need an official UT “wrapper.” Examples include web apps developed by OIT or third-party vendors and websites that are primarily used for e-commerce. We’ve added it to the standard web template download package—it’s the file called “index-webapp.html.”

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or feedback by sending a message to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Best,
Leigh

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Leigh Shoemaker
Assistant Director, Web & Electronic Media
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Creative Communications
91 Communications Building
communications.utk.edu