Guys -

Sorry to send out so many e-mails, but I've been getting a lot of questions that were answered in the initial e-mail we sent out. Here it is, once more:

First, you can find our Facebook group here. We do a lot of trip planning and post trip information on there, so definitely join if you are interested and have a Facebook.

We are run by students, for students. We meet Wednesday nights at 6:30 PM either at Humanities Plaza (By the Bull Statue) or on the ground floor of the Humanities and Social Sciences building (when the weather sucks).

We typically do trip sign ups and discuss important trip information at these meetings, but if you can’t go I can definitely let you know what’s going on and we can work out any other issues there may be as far as trips that require you be at the meeting.

So, obviously we canoe and we hike, but we also do almost any other outdoor activity you can think of - climbing, camping, backpacking, mountain biking, caving, skiing, kayaking, rafting, canoeing, and much much more! If we don’t offer it, you can lead it! Because we are a student led club, if we aren’t hiking enough for you or climbing enough or if we don’t offer your thing, you can lead a trip. Just bring it up in a meeting and we can help you plan it! If you don’t know how to do something, but want to learn, we are happy to teach you. Most of our trips are beginner friendly, and if they aren’t, we’ll let you know.

We have two membership options: $50 a year or $35 a semester. Here’s what that gets you:

  1. Free gear rental from UTOP for any club trip. (Plus 50% off on your own trips!)
  2. Lodging / accommodation for club trips, when applicable.
  3. Transportation to and from our trips!

This is better than the Outdoor Program because… you pay once and go on however many trips you want instead of paying on a trip-by-trip basis (which adds up)!

We also have two ways to pay:

  1. Venmo us @UT-Canoe-Hiking
  2. Cash!

UTK requires you fill out a waiver on the GO system before you can go on any trips:

  1. Go to go.utk.edu
  2. In the selection bar, click on “V.O.L. Link”
  3. Click the big, orange “ENTER” button
  4. Click “Log in” in the top right corner and log in
  5. Click “Organizations”
  6. Search “canoe” and click on the “Canoe and Hiking Club” result
  7. Click on “Forms” on the left bar
  8. Click on “Sport Clubs Release Form 2016-2017”
  9. Complete and submit it
  10. We will go through and check these before we approve them. YOU MUST FILL ONE OUT TO GO ON A TRIP!

Dues cover gas, lodging, and equipment rentals from UTOP on club trips as well as discounts on some gear purchases!

We would really love to have you join us.

Feel free to contact me or any of the other officers with any questions and hope to see you soon!

Elizabeth Carter | [log in to unmask] | +1.901.355.8732
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
College of Architecture and Design student, 5th year undergraduate
Secondary Degree, English- Technical Communications
________________________________________________________________________ UTCHC Mailing List Archive: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/utch-l.html UTCHC Web Site: http://web.utk.edu/~canoehik