From: Suzanne Allen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 1:11 PM
To: McCall, Wanda F <[log in to unmask]>; Tennessee Master Gardener <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fwd: Search for Excellence - 2018 (what?)

Wanda, did this make it to the listserv?  I don't recall seeing it. Thanks so much.
Suzanne Allen

Begin forwarded message:
From: Suzanne Allen <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: August 29, 2016 at 8:45:17 AM CDT
To: Wanda F McCall <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Search for Excellence - 2018 (what?)
In keeping with our change to a biannual state convention, the Search for Excellence competition will also convert to a biannual event.  There will not be an SFE event this year.  Instead, we will use this hiatus to retool the application process.

This is your opportunity to weigh in on your likes and "not-likes" of the current process!  Don't be shy and don't worry about hurting anyone's feelings.

Here are a few of the changes the committee is considering to bring our applications closer in line to International's:

1.  All applicants must submit six (6) photos with their application to be used during the awards ceremony.

2.  Acceptance presentations will be limited to three (3) minutes.  This limitation moves the emphasis to the table displays where more interaction among MG's is encouraged.

3.  There will be no word limit within the sections.  Rather, there will be a total page limit along with restrictions regarding font style and size.

AND we'd like to do a total reboot in some way and allow former winners to apply again!  This could be done through a special category or by allowing these winners to submit in one of the set categories.  Let us know your thoughts.

Our plan is that the 2018 applicants will be for projects active during 2016 and/or 2017.  The deadline will be in the late fall of 2017 and the awards will be presented at the 2018 state convention.

Speak up now and let's set up a super SFE competition!

--
Suzanne Allen