Dear Geographers,

According to the Registrar's office, the Spring 2017 schedule will be available online on September 26th. This means that it's time to consider planning for the courses next semester. Drs Ellis, Foresta, Munoz, and I will hold advising appointments during the weeks of October 3rd (Monday to Wednesday before the fall break) and 10th. We will prepare and post signup sheets on our respective office doors in the next few days. Please note that Dr. Ellis will conduct the advising by emails. If you need to meet some advisors in person, please contact me. To have a productive advising meeting, I’d like to suggest you to do the following preparations:

1. Please bring a copy of your DARS report.

2. Please select your preferred catalog year. Remember that the default year is the most recent, which is not the preferred choice for many students.

3. Please arrive at your meeting with a tentative list of courses for Spring 2017.

Thanks,

Yingkui (Philip) Li

Yingkui Li, PhD

Associate Professor