Geography Undergraduate Students,

As you probably heard in your last meeting, I’ve been asked to organize an outreach event to promote geography and geospatial technology to a group of local high school students visiting campus this Saturday. We will have a morning session at the Humanities Building (Room TBA) and an afternoon session at Burchfiel. I’m looking for some volunteers to help keep the small groups organized and moving from activity to activity on schedule and participate in a geocaching activity. Please let me know if you have time to help out this Saturday. I am specifically looking for up to 8 volunteers for the afternoon session and up to 3 volunteers for the morning session. If you have a 15 minute hands-on activity that you would like to lead for a small group of approximately 6-8 students in the morning session let me know. I will provide lunch for our volunteers.

Who      Local high school students participating in the UTK Math and Science Center Upward Bound Program

What     Promoting geography and geospatial technology to college bound high school students through hands on activities

When    9/10/2016

Time      9:15 am - 12:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm

Where   Morning Sessions at the Humanities Building | Afternoon Sessions at Burchfiel

Thank you all for considering my request. Feel free to email me with any questions.

Michael Camponovo, CFM

GIS Outreach Coordinator

Geography Department

209A Burchfiel Geography Building