From: Angela Danovi [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:19 PM
To: Alderman, Derek <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: AmeriCorps Stormwater positions - 2 positions currently available

Dear Dr. Alderman,

I just wanted to reach out to you and make sure you knew that the CAC AmeriCorps program based in Knoxville has 2 positions currently available with Knox County Stormwater.  Requirements are: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in areas of study related to Geographic Information Science (GIS),

environmental conservation, engineering, landscape architecture, sciences or communications.  There is also an age limit because this is considered a youth service corps.  You must be 18-25 years old as of August 2016.  There are some exceptions to it, but they need to speak with the program director.

Here's the job announcement: https://cacamericorps.org/portfolio/knox-county-stormwater/

Here's the position description: https://cacamericorps.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/knox-county-americorps-service-description-1.pdf

I was part of the 2003-2004 CAC AmeriCorps class and worked on the water quality team.  I am happy to speak with any interested student about my experience, although there will be some differences between my experience and this position.  But I highly recommend doing a position like this because you get some really valuable practical experience and learn how to work on a team and meet project deadlines.

If they have specific questions about the program, they should contact the program director, Jason Scott at [log in to unmask] or call (865) 546-3500

Please share with faculty, staff, and students who may be working with qualified individuals for this position.

thanks,

Angela Danovi

Angela Danovi

479.295.7717