Dear all,

This year, I took the relay baton from Dr. Kelsey Ellis and became the
editor of our department social media. While I will try my best to
increase the impact of our department, I need your help in providing the
important ingredients for creating the social media posts. *This is also
a great opportunity to increase the impact of your research, as our
department Twitter account alone already has more than 500 followers
(not mention our Facebook and Instagram accounts).* Specifically, I'm
looking for the following items:

- *Descriptions about faculty, staff, and students*: 2 to 3 sentences
describing your work plus your photo would be great!

- *Academic publications*: one screenshot of your research, 2 to 3
sentences description, and a link to your paper (I hope this can also
boost your citation)

- *Academic activities*: conference presentations, proposal awards,
field work, award ceremonies, ...

- *Outreach activities*: GIS day, Geography Awareness Week,
collaborative activities with other institutes, ...

- *Cool stories or any news that can help put our department in a
positive image*

I look forward to receiving materials from y'all!

Cheers,
Yingjie

--
Yingjie Hu, PhD