Today one of our favorite political science professors, Dr. Anthony Nownes, will discuss
"Who's Influencing Our Presidential Candidates? at 12:15 pm in the Reading Room. Join us
for this first Fall semester Baker Cafe!

Attn:  ALL UT JUNIORS -- Interested in Research?  Attend the Baker Scholar Information
Session at 12:45 pm on TUESDAY, August 30 in the Toyota Auditorium.

COMING SOON -- FIRST ASHE LECTURE!
Thursday, Sept. 8, 5:30 pm – National Security Policy: The Failure of the Policy Elite and the
Dangers of Popular Reaction - Former Ambassador John Herbst
Amb. Herbst is a former US diplomat to Uzbekistan and Ukraine, and he now
serves as Director of the Dinu Patriciu Eurasia Center for the Atlantic Council. He has over
30 years of experience working in the United States Foreign Service, and he has served
in other locations including Israel, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Afghanistan. Herbst received
his Bachelor’s degree from Georgetown and his Master’s from Tufts University.

Join us!