Greetings Everyone!

As we approach August I just wanted to remind you of the importance and
the difference in dates.

The start date on your PIF should ALWAYS MATCH the Certification date on
your I-9 EXCEPT in cases of 9-MONTH APPOINTMENTS.

For 9-MONTH APPOINTMENTS, you will make the start date on your PIF 8/1,
1/1, 2/1 (depending on the semester) but your Certification date on the I-9
will be the ACTUAL FIRST PHYSICAL DAY THE EMPLOYEE BEGINS THEIR WORK
ASSIGNMENT, but no later than the first day of class. This is the ONLY time
that the Hire date and Certification date do not match.

Please remember to send a copy of the I-9 to HR/Records AHEAD of the Hire
paperwork to [log in to unmask] and to keep the ORIGINAL I-9 with the Hire
paperwork.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cathy Milligan