Dear Campus Communicators,

The tri-star graphic from the Tennessee state flag has appeared lately on several proposed designs for various campus units. Please note that our logo is the Power T icon block with accompanying wordmark (text). The tri-star graphic is not our logo, should not be used as a logo for a campus unit, and should not be used alongside a university logo.

The tristar symbol is not unique. It waters down our identity and confuses the audience.

Please only use the official logos and shortcuts that were issued to your unit’s logo liaison. We have logo standards in place to ensure consistency and recognition. We are much more powerful together than we are alone and we all win when one of us wins.

Visit brand.utk.edu for more information about our brand guidelines.

Please let us know if our office can help you with any marketing or communication efforts. We’re here to help all of the Knoxville campus units be successful and put their best foot forward.

Best,

Angie Dobbs

Angie Dobbs

Creative Communications