Greetings CampComm members,

The Office of Communications and Marketing is planning a one-day campus communication conference, “Communi-Con,” for next summer, August 11, 2017. Our goal is to offer sessions with tangible takeaways and networking opportunities for the communicators on our campus.

Here are a few conference topic/session ideas we came up with to get the ball rolling:

Messaging for alumni/current students/prospective students, etc.

Photography 101

Using social media to reach your audience(s)

Communication campaign planning

Designing for print

Writing for the web

Creating and sending targeted e-mails

Pitching the media

Now, we’d love to hear from you! Tell us what issues you’re having or in what areas you could use some inspiration. Submit your ideas for the conference.

We are also looking for UT communicators who can speak about their role or experiences in the communications profession. Have you seen a staff or faculty presenter who you think would be perfect for this conference? Is there someone on campus you’ve always wanted to hear from? Are you willing to do a presentation? Pitch your presentation or discussion ideas at the link above.

Regards,

Christie

--
Christie Kennedy