It does cost money. Pricing depends upon the geographic area that the filter shows up in and the timeframe that you keep the filter live. It could be as low as fifty dollars if you do it for a short time frame in a very small area (like one small building) or as high as multiple thousand dollars if spanned out for a long time and covering a larger area (like an entire section of campus).

You can find more info here: https://www.snapchat.com/geofilters

From: UT Campus Communicators [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kennedy, John Robert
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 2:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CAMPCOMM] Snapchat Geofilters for UT?

Does it cost money to get snapchat to turn on the custom geofilters? If so, is there an estimate? If not, great!

John Kennedy
Technology Coordinator
[cid:[log in to unmask]]
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
11 Communications Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-0315

Office: (865) 974-3285
utdailybeacon.com

From: UT Campus Communicators <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of "Saxon, Katherine Pauline" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 1:57 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

We are excited to see this conversation about Snapchat happening around campus. If anyone is interested in having a Snapchat geofilter designed, you will need to fill out a project request at http://communications.utk.edu.

If you plan to design your own geofilter, please send those designs to Cassandra Sproles ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) for branding approval before submitting to Snapchat.

Our social media team can help in the process of submission to Snapchat if needed since we have done this a couple of times.

We’re happy to chat with anyone in more detail if you have questions.
[ttp://images.utk.edu/images/interface/ut-emailsignature.gif]

Katherine Saxon
Coordinator for Student Communications & Social Media Team Member
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Office of Communications and Marketing
91 Communications Building
communications.utk.edu