Dear undergraduates,

If you plan to take a physical geography course to fulfill your major requirement or you are interested in human impact on the environment, please consider my GEOG 433 course that will be offered this fall. The following is a short description of this course.

GEOG 433: Landform Analysis and Landscape Planning

GEOG 433 focuses on Earth surface processes related to watershed and river systems with an emphasis on understanding the scientific importance of each process in shaping the landscape and acquiring "real-world" skills and techniques used in applied work. In this course, we will examine slope stability, soil erosion by water, surface runoff, streams and rivers, channel stability, sediment transport, land use change, and their environmental impacts. The textbook provides a strong scientific and practical background for planners or other professionals interested in applied geography and environmental sciences. Additional assignments and materials will be used in class to help better understanding of the concepts and acquire "real-world" skills. Grouped final projects will help students to apply the concepts and skills learned from this class to specific "real" applied geography and environmental science issues. The knowledge and skills learned from this course are of importance in applied geography, environmental sciences, and landscape planning.

Please let me know if you have any questions or want to have more information about this course.

Have a great summer break!

Yingkui (Philip)

Yingkui Li, PhD
Associate Professor