Hi all!

It’s that time of year again. Commencement exercises begin Thursday, and the Aloha Oe ceremony takes place tomorrow. I wanted to share what the Office of Communications and Marketing is doing on social media. We’d love to hear what everyone else is doing as well so we can share.

Our hashtag is #UTgrad2016. We’re scouring Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for fun photos from our students and campus units that we can share. We’ll be sharing tweets and Instagram photos on the big screen in Thompson-Boling before and after the various ceremonies. We’ll take this display down during the ceremonies to ensure that all of our proud Volunteer families can see their smiling graduates’ faces. Our social media team will be monitoring traffic by hand, in real time, to make sure that only appropriate social content is shared. We’ll be including tweets from students, families, and, of course, our colleges.

Our newest social media aspect this year is Snapchat. We’ve created a UT Grad geofilter that will go live tomorrow in select locations across campus. We’ll encourage students to share their photos using the filter so that we can also share them.

You can find the campus’ commencement website at http://www.utk.edu/commencement. Here we’ve got links to stories about our graduates, links to watch ceremonies online, parking info, and we’ll be integrating social content from our community who are using the #UTgrad2016 hashtag. You can find a commencement schedule and links to the video feeds on our ceremony schedule page.

Happy commencement!
Rebekah

REBEKAH WINKLER
Social Media Manager