Dear Geographers:

Chancellor Cheek held his annual honors banquet last night at the Convention Center ballroom.  It was a grand affair with many faculty, staff, and students being recognized with university-level awards.  I am especially proud to report that our own Dr. Ron Kalafsky received one of the UT Alumni Outstanding Teacher Awards.  Ron was recognized not only for his excellent work in the classroom but also his innovative efforts in re-designing the BA undergraduate degree in light of the 2014 Academic Program Review. Please take a moment to express your congrats to Ron.  I have placed an announcement of the award on the workroom table.

Best wishes,

Derek

Derek H. Alderman, PhD

Vice President-Elect, American Association of Geographers

Professor & Head, Department of Geography

Betty Lynn Hendrickson Professor of Social Science

University of Tennessee

304C Burchfiel Geography Building

Knoxville, TN 37996-0925

Voice: (865) 974-0406