Dear Geography undergraduate and graduate students, (copied to the faculty)

This is a friendly reminder that, this Thursday and Friday, April 21-22, we have the honor of hosting Dr. Ken Foote, Professor and Head, Department of Geography, University of Connecticut, as the Speaker of the 2016 Hammond Lecture Series.  The 2016 Hammond Lecture Series will have several scholarly activities as follows:

Thursday, 04/21/2016

12:00–1:30 pm: Reception with undergraduate students in room BGB 406 (coordinated by Club Geography): Topic “Career Development” with Pizza lunch

3:00–3:40 pm: Reception outside the Hodges Library Auditorium

3:40–5:00 pm: Research presentation titled “On the edge of memory: Uneasy legacies of dissent, terror and violence in the American Landscape” in the Hodges Library Auditorium.

Friday, 04/22/2016:

12 noon-2:00 pm: Career/research conversation & feed-back session with Dr Foote [coordinated by Hannah Gunderman] - Presentations by seven graduate students [BGB 406] with Pizza lunch

We strongly encourage our undergraduate and graduate students to attend the activities listed above.

Thank you, all! Hope to see you this Thursday and Friday!

On behalf of Dr. Derek Alderman, Department Head

Madhuri Sharma & Liem Tran, Special Events Committee

Liem Tran, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Geography Department
Adjunct Associate Professor,
Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
University of Tennessee a Knoxville
Tel: 865-974-6034; Fax: 865-974-6025
Email: [log in to unmask]