ETMAC Members and Unit Commanders:

Please see the attached information sheet (very informative) and the email below from Steve Holbert, Colonel, USAF Retired.  He spoke at the ETMAC meeting yesterday, and he and his group are really trying to get the word out about this new Honor Guard for the Pigeon Forge Community.  They welcome people to call him to find out more about it and to sign up to be part of the group if qualified and interested, as well as becoming a supporter.  For additional information, feel free to call or email Col Holbert.  His information is at the bottom of this email.

Veterans Military Honor Guard of Pigeon Forge (WEBSITE: www.PFHG.org) -

For the past year or so, we’ve been working to establish “A Truly Unique & Great Military Honor Guard” for the Pigeon Forge community. The Founding Members of this Honor Guard are Veterans of America’s Military; they have served throughout the World, both in times of Peace, & in War. Some served in combat; some did not. Some served only briefly; while some served 20 years or more. This group is experienced, dedicated, capable, & determined to do the necessary things that will produce the desired results. At least 75% of our members must be Military Veterans, but we’ve included both Veterans & Civilians, & we’ve included both men & women. The Civilians include First Responders; we include members of the Police Dept, Fire Dept, Sheriffs Dept, Rescue Squab, & THP, & we include Family members who are directly related to Military Veterans. Lastly, we have asked the community to do something a community doesn’t normally do. Honor Guards are normally developed & operated independently from the community. Whereas we have asked the community to be a “FULL & ACTIVE PARTNER”.  We believe this one item is what really makes the difference. We want this Honor Guard to have a professional, interactive, close, on-going, & growing relationship with the Civic & Business community, as well as the citizens of, & visitors to the community… We want this Honor Guard to be owned by the entire Pigeon Forge community!

Although we are not yet fully established, we plan to be by this spring. If you reside in Pigeon Forge, or in or near Sevier County, we would like to hear from you. We would like to add you to our list of supporters & potential members. We would also ask that you “network” our Honor Guard as much as possible.

To find out more about our Honor Guard,  contact Steve Holbert, Colonel, USAF Retired at 865-428-0704/[log in to unmask]

Respectfully,

Steve Holbert, (865-428-0704)