Subject: 2016 press release - Ground Breaking for Cody Evans Home Build - March 24

Hello ETMAC Members and Unit Commanders:

I wanted to pass this along to you in case any of you are interested in volunteering or donating some of the building supplies they still need:  See below and the attached can be printed and posted in common areas at Units or your work places.  Thanks!  Patrice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lance Corporal Cody Evans, United States Marine Corps, was injured in Afghanistan on December 15, 2011 by an IED explosion, leaving him a double amputee. He was a reservist with the 4th Combat Engineer Battalion, Delta Co, Knoxville, TN and is now medically retired.  He will have a fully handicapped home built with the help of the community and A Soldier's Journey Home.

A Soldier's Journey Home (ASJH), a nonprofit, 501(c) 3 volunteer organization, would like to cordially invite the public to the official ground breaking ceremony on Thursday, March 24, 2016 @ 6:00 pm at 2744 Back Valley Road, Speedwell, TN  37870.

The home build dates are set for May 14 - 21, 2016.  "We have made a lot of progress over the past few months, but we are still in need of many items and professional services", says President Mike Fitzpatrick.  "We have an army of volunteer skilled home builder's coming from several different states.  Most are Firefighters, EMS, Police Officers and Military, retired and active.  These volunteers take their personal vacation time to build homes for America's severely injured Veterans".  We are currently in need of new Kitchen and Front Load Laundry appliances, bathroom fixtures, handrails, flooring, tile, plumbing supplies/rough & finish, a complete Septic System, framing lumber, nails, fasteners, anchors, electrical wiring/supplies, plywood, door locks/hardware, hardy siding, drywall and supplies as well as professional dry wall labor, a storm shelter, gravel and concrete.

To donate build related materials, please contact:  Mike Fitzpatrick, President (502) 803-5499, email:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Tax deductible financial donations for the Cody Evans Home Build in Speedwell, Tennessee may be mailed to A Soldier's Journey Home, PO Box 1865, Arlington Heights, IL 60006.  Visit our Face Book page, A Soldier's Journey Home and our website, www.asoldiersjourneyhome.org<http://www.asoldiersjourneyhome.org>.

Thank you for your continued support in helping to provide Cody with a specially adapted home.

Regards,

Patrice Collins

Board Member and Admin Support for ETMAC-East Tennessee Military Affairs Council

Economic Development Assistant

Knoxville Chamber | 17 Market Square,  Suite 201 | Knoxville, TN 37902

865-246-2646 [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[ETMAClogo]