All,

To those of you attending our Spallation Tour on April 8, I have attached the agenda and site map provided by our tour guide, Barbara. Additionally, here are some other useful tidbits you may want to keep handy:

Description of procedure:
You’ll come to the guard portal on Bethel Valley Road. Allow 15 minutes to clear the portal. (You might get stuck behind some trucks.)
Everyone needs to have a photo ID (preferable driver’s license) out and ready to hand to the guard.
The guard will look for your names on an alphabetical listing of people who are cleared to come through the portal that day.
If the guard cannot find a name (names), call me at 865-382-2210, and I’ll get the person called through.
Once you drive through the portal, drive between 4 and 5 miles to the first stop light. Turn right onto Spallation Drive.
Proceed to the top of the hill. (There appears to be a fork in the road midway up the hill. Bear left.)
Continue until you see the 17-mph sign. Turn right at the corner.
Park anywhere in the big parking lot. There are visitor spaces usually available directly in front of the flag poles.
I will meet you at the flagpole plaza and start the tour.

Please contact me, Jessica (865-773-3729), or Barbara if you need further information about the event.

Best,
Jessica

P.S. I want to reiterate that it takes approximately 15 minutes to clear the portal, so please take that into consideration when planning your commute.I look forward to seeing everyone there!