Hi Everyone,

Just want to extend an invitation to the Turtle Intensive on 3/6/16. I hope that those of you in the Northeast will consider attending. One of the discussion topics will be emerging diseases. Please let me know if anyone can help out with a panel discussion. - Patricia

Turtle Intensives
Tackling the Hard Questions
Sunday, March 6th - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Vassar College - Olmsted Hall (biology building)
Poughkeepsie, NY
Donations appreciated

Breakout discussions may include:

- Complex relationship between the pet trade and conservation
- Wildlife rehabilitation facilities as critical control points for infectious diseases
- Emerging diseases and pathogens
- Head starting and over-winter care of hatchlings
- Subsidized meso-predators
- Release site evaluation
- Repatriation, reintroduction, and translocation
(Let me know if you would be interested in co-leading a panel discussion, or if there's another topic you'd like to suggest)

Formal Presentation
- Bog turtle habitat restoration and monitoring - Erik Kiviat, Executive Director, Hudsonia Ltd.

Please forward to anyone who might be interested

If you have any further questions, email or call
Patricia Johnson
RSVP - [log in to unmask]
www.TurtleAdvocate.org
347-242-7058