Dear Club Geographers:

The Confucius Institute will host a Chinese New Year Celebration at 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM on Tuesday, Feb. 9th, in the Hodges Library (by the Commons Area on the Starbucks Level).  We will work with the Hodges Library to have displays, prizes for fun questions/games, free Chinese refreshments, and red envelopes for everyone who stops by our tables.  At 12:15 - 12:45 PM, we will have a short program that includes performances of erhu (Chinese two-stringed bowed musical instrument), soft Chinese folk song, a special kind of Chinese kung-fu, and live demo of writing Chinese Spring Festival couplets.  We hope you can join us at this Chinese New Year Celebration on Tuesday.  Attached is a poster for your information.

Happy Chinese New Year!  ÐÂÄê¿ìÀÖ£¡

Best regards,

Shih-Lung

Shih-Lung Shaw, Ph.D.

Alvin and Sally Beaman Professor

Department of Geography

and

Director of Confucius Institute

Center for International Education

University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996-0925 U.S.A.

Phone: (865) 974-6036, Email: [log in to unmask]