Dear Geography Majors and Minors:

UT International House will host the second annual Global Issues Conference on March 31, 2015. The theme is food security and will explore topics such as food access and availability, sustainable agriculture, and malnutrition. However, the topics are not limited to these areas. They are accepting submissions for a poster session from undergraduate/graduate students and campus and community organizations.  For additional information, please see the email below and the attached flyer.

Best regards,

Shih-Lung

From: Longino, Lauren
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2016 2:57 PM
To: Shaw, Shih-Lung <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: I-House Food Security Conference: Call for Proposals

Dr. Shaw,

Do you know of any professors or graduate students in geography that would have an interest in submitting  session proposal for our food security conference?  I would greatly appreciate your help in spreading the information below and attached poster.

Best,
Lauren

Lauren Longino
Coordinator
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
International House
Center for International Education
1623 Melrose Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37996
Telephone: 865-974-4453
Fax:  865-974-2985
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Greetings,

The International House is excited to announce our second annual Global Issues Conference to be held March 31, 2015 at the University of Tennessee. The theme is food security and will explore topics such as food access and availability, sustainable agriculture, and malnutrition. However, the topics are not limited to these areas.

Through this conference we hope to educate students and increase awareness of international and local food issues and foster discussions of how UT students can assist those in need.  The main audience is the general undergraduate student population that may or may not have previous knowledge in the area of food security.  This conference should provide an introduction to issues and provoke additional thought and actions.  Due to this aim, sessions can be based on research, personal experience, or simply a discussion led by the presenter.  All UT faculty, staff, graduate students, student organizations, and community organizations are encouraged to submit.

Additionally, we are accepting submissions for a poster session from undergraduate/graduate students and campus and community organizations. While the conference is focusing on several major themes listed below, any submission related to food and health issues are welcome.

* Sustainable agriculture
* Education
* Food Availability and Food Access
* Malnutrition/Nutrition