Dear UT Geography community:

Please join me in thanking and congratulating the many people who made our recent Geography Research Symposium a great success.

I was happy that many of us were able to attend the events held on Feb. 5 and 6, which included poster sessions, several paper and training sessions, a writing workshop, and a keynote address by the distinguished Dr. Dydia Delyser.  It was indeed a proud moment for our Department.

When you have a chance, please express your appreciation to the GeoSym leaders/organizers for a job well done, especially Tyler Sonnichsen, Savannah Collins, Matt Kerr, Matt Cook, Hannah Gunderman, Helen Rosko, Njoroge Gathongo, Alia Hass, Brooke Pearson, and faculty advisors Liem Tran and Kelsey Ellis.

Last but certainly not least, many thanks to our office staff for working with GeoSym organizers and the support they provide on many other critical initiatives.

Best wishes,
Derek

Derek H. Alderman, PhD
Professor & Head, Department of Geography
Betty Lynn Hendrickson Professor of Social Science
University of Tennessee
304C Burchfiel Geography Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-0925
Voice: (865) 974-0406