We have two great upcoming opportunities for your undergraduate students to share their research and creative achievements.

1.     The Exhibition of Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievement (EURēCA) will take place April 11-15 in Hodges Library. Colleges are divided into groups with each group having 2.5 days for display time in Hodges. Undergraduate students at ALL levels are invited to submit individual or group research or creative works they have completed within a class or outside of class under the guidance of a UT faculty mentor. At the event, these submissions are in the form of a poster, cinematic film, performance, 3D or 4D installation (there may be other types of entry). The submissions are judged and cash prizes are awarded within each college. In order to enter the event, students must submit an abstract of their research or creative work prior to the March 11 deadline. Our goal this year is to double the number of entries from each department. To review event details or for students to enter, please visit http://eureca.utk.edu.

2.     The Undergraduate Awards is an international competition that allows students to enter research papers or non-essay portfolios (of visual arts and design) that have previously received a class grade of A- or higher. Students must be in the Classes of 2015, 2016 or 2017. These works are then judged within their discipline against students from around the globe with the top awardees regionally and internationally receiving an invitation to Dublin, Ireland in November 2016, to collect their awards and attend a 4-day summit. Last year, two UT students received such invitations. There are 25 different categories, catering to students from every discipline. I hope you will encourage your students to submit now until the May 31 deadline. Each student can submit up to three entries. They have already completed the work, why not be recognized! Travel funds will be available to students who place in the regional or international levels. http://ugresearch.utk.edu/activities/the-undergraduate-awards/

Marisa

Marisa Moazen, Ph.D.

Director, Office of Undergraduate Research

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville

1534 White Avenue

Knoxville, TN 37996

(865) 974-8560