From: Annemieke Rice [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Annemieke Rice
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 1:44 AM
To: Albrecht, Mary Lewnes <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Campus Labs LabNotes- January 2016

[Lab Notes 2016]

Leaping into a Year of New Possibilities

From timely webinars to provocative podcasts, we’ve got a lot in store for our Member Campuses throughout 2016. And as always, we look forward to seeing you on the road — at conferences as well as our On Tour Stops. Here’s to a year of new possibilities in higher ed!

UPCOMING WEBINARS

Learn with Us Online

January:

Data Dialogues (with guests from Boston College, Fordham University, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, & Western Michigan University)<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=a226138e99&e=f64b006983>

Leveraging Rubrics and LMS Integration<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=4fb53ab9e8&e=f64b006983>

[Campus Labs Webinars]

February:

Features and Benefits of Online Course Evaluations<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=82e5af8de8&e=f64b006983>

How to Engage the Uninvolved Student<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=fea85767c8&e=f64b006983>

Retention Strategies for First-Generation Students (with guests from the College of the Holy Cross)<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=e47f8050b3&e=f64b006983>

Engaging Residential Students through CollegiateLink (with guests from Utica College)<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=87e524967b&e=f64b006983>

March:

How to Effectively Engage Your Faculty and Staff in Learning Opportunities<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=bb7d0ef67a&e=f64b006983>

Make Rubrics a Best Practice at Your Institution<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=8b6bccd820&e=f64b006983>

The Nitty-Gritty of Student Success: Using Beacon to Uncover Noncognitive Data<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=f1e34c58cb&e=f64b006983>

For a full listing, including abstracts and registration info, visit our support site<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=bdbd6987cc&e=f64b006983>.

PODCAST

A New Outlook on Outcomes

In our second episode, J.D. White, Ph.D., talks with Shannon LaCount, Ed.D., Director of Campus Success, about the value of a thoughtfully considered assessment approach. Shannon presents the concept of learning outcomes assessment as

[Campus Labs Podcast Episode 2 Image]

so much more than an administrative task. When structured effectively, assessment can clearly demonstrate if, and how well, students have learned – and why this matters. Previously the Director of Student Learning Assessment at the University of Minnesota Duluth, Shannon was also an Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders.

Subscribe<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=7a8f9375fa&e=f64b006983> to our Data in Higher Education podcast series, now available on iTunes.

LISTEN ONLINE NOW<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=fbec6e6408&e=f64b006983>

FROM THE BLOG

Why Colleges and Universities Should Be Run More Like Presidential Campaigns

By Casey Iannone

Ok, maybe not actually run like a presidential campaign. I certainly wouldn’t want to listen to a college president give a one-hour stump speech. But I do believe there are some great lessons that institutions of higher education can learn from how the modern political campaign is built and run on a foundation of data and analytics.

READ MORE<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=fda7810213&e=f64b006983>

[Spotlight On Student Affairs Assessment Lehigh University]

Lehigh University’s Division of Student Affairs hosted its second annual Assessment Symposium this past November, which opened the eyes of division staff and university faculty alike to data-driven insights into student engagement, co-curricular learning, and college student development. Using national data as well as results from local assessments conducted with Campus Labs’ support, attendees engaged in candid conversations about continually improving the quality of the Lehigh educational experience.

“I think the presentations demonstrated that our commitment to fostering a rich learning environment beyond the classroom is guided by theory and data and, more importantly, is making a positive difference in the growth and development of our students,” said John Smeaton, Vice Provost of Student Affairs, in this article by LU News.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/c31632331ecd010e80a538690/images/e9180bf6-9074-44ab-a903-91e473acf453.jpg]

SEE THE RECAP ON TWITTER<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=84341a8018&e=f64b006983>

Welcome to Our Newest Member Campuses!

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/c31632331ecd010e80a538690/images/6fe33601-3146-4fdd-90f8-48a7f24a98e5.jpg]

We look forward to catching up with you at one of these upcoming events!

January 29 | Austin, TX
Campus Labs On Tour at Austin Community College
Register now (Free!)<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=601a6d271e&e=f64b006983>

February 1–2 | Charleston, SC
IDEA Teaching & Learning Assessment Workshop
Register now<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=50f0a64e5b&e=f64b006983>

February 20–23 | Orlando, FL
Annual Conference on The First-Year Experience
Register<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=6bf91c6f11&e=f64b006983> and attend our sessions: Framework for Increasing Retention at a Diverse Multicampus Community College<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=a0174015a6&e=f64b006983> and An Intentional Approach: Increasing Co-curricular Engagement at a Community College<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=ded4ced09c&e=f64b006983>

February 23–26 | Atlanta, GA
Achieving the Dream’s Annual Institute on Student Success
Register now<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=1b9032a557&e=f64b006983>

February 25 | Chicago, IL
Campus Labs On Tour at Northwestern University
Register now (Free!)<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=4a2dae8e4d&e=f64b006983>

Can’t join us in person? Join the online conversation! #labgab<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=e0466dfe6b&e=f64b006983>

#LABGAB Highlights

[Labgab Tweet 1]

[Labgab Tweet 2]

[Labgab Tweet 3]

[Campus Labs Logo]<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=f4982a0aeb&e=f64b006983>

[Facebook Logo]<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=e5a29f88b0&e=f64b006983>

[Twitter Logo]<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=c8dfdcd5f8&e=f64b006983>

[Linkedin Logo]<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=efa6f0b30a&e=f64b006983>

[Youtube Logo]<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=84515ce957&e=f64b006983>

[Pinterest Logo]<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=fc48b91b7c&e=f64b006983>

Join the online conversation! #labgab<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=fb177b05ef&e=f64b006983>

campuslabs.com<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=380ce69ddc&e=f64b006983>

2016 Campus Labs. All rights reserved.

This email was sent to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
why did I get this?<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage1.com/about?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=92f49fc472&e=f64b006983&c=319b5746c7>    unsubscribe from this list<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=92f49fc472&e=f64b006983&c=319b5746c7>    update subscription preferences<http://campuslabs.us12.list-manage.com/profile?u=c31632331ecd010e80a538690&id=92f49fc472&e=f64b006983>
Campus Labs · 210 Ellicott Street · Suite 200 · Buffalo, NY 14203 · USA