Information Literacy Librarian
Jackson Library, Lander University, Greenwood, SC
Oversees library information literacy curriculum within an outcomes assessment and skills-based model. Provides general academic advising, research consultation and information literacy instruction to the university community.
· Serves as primary coordinator of the library’s developing information literacy program. Works collegially with faculty to integrate resource-based learning experiences into the curriculum. Maintains a file of suggested activities and other information literacy training materials. Supports distance learners by integrating library tutorials and other learning materials into online environments. Assesses effectiveness of information literacy program.
· Answers reference queries and teaches individual bibliographic instruction classes. Creates online web guides to library resources in assigned liaison areas.
· Collection maintenance and development responsibilities in assigned academic liaison areas.
· Serves as academic advisor; provides educational guidance and assistance to students by planning schedules, recommending courses and gives referrals to and from faculty and other University offices for students' major considerations or academic issues.
· Serves on university committees and other duties as assigned.
Minimum and additional qualifications:
A master's degree in library science from an ALA accredited institution and related professional experience.
Knowledge of library systems, organization, research methodology and procedures. Knowledge of information literacy's role in an academic institution. Awareness of new trends in information literacy and library instruction and eagerness to develop innovative models for information literacy. Ability to write according to correct English usage and accepted standards. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The position may require employee to change a personal schedule to the demands of the academic year. Must be able to lift boxes up to 40 lbs.
Lander is a tobacco free institution.
All final candidates are subject to successfully completing background requirements.
Note: The University generally does not sponsor an H-1B Visa.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/TITLE IX
How to apply: Please submit a current vitae, unofficial transcripts and 3 references to: Ms. Lisa Wiecki, Director of Library Services, [log in to unmask]