(cross-posted to multiple lists; please pardon duplication)

Dear colleagues, we invite you to the 2016 (second annual) Empirical Librarians Conference! We are a small one-day conference focused on librarians doing research and librarians supporting original research. Whether you’re interested in research, assessment, usability, STEM, or faculty support, we have something for you. Come gather together and discuss with us!

The conference will be held at the F.D. Bluford Library on the North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University (NC A&T) campus in Greensboro, North Carolina, on Monday, February 29, 2016 from 9:30am to 4:00pm.

Early bird registration of $30 ends soon, February 5! Regular registration will be $45. No matter when you register, you will get a day of great speakers and friendly hosting. Registration includes snacks, lunch, and parking.

For more information about the conference, please visit http://www.library.ncat.edu/emplibs. We have wonderful talks on research issues such as sampling for surveys, content analysis, and data triangulation. We also have plenty of topics on usability (of websites, libGuides, and search/discovery) as well as some great talks on issues like assessment, liaisoning, and even altmetrics. Abstracts and program will be posted on the website in the coming week if you want more information. Best of all, Dr. Barbara Wildemuth (of UNC Chapel Hill fame, and author of Applications of Social Research Methods to Questions in Information and Library Science) will be giving the keynote speech! We look forward to gathering together to share information on research by librarians and support for researchers in libraries.

Join us to get involved in the discussion about research development across academic libraries. Questions? Comments? Email conference chair Nina Exner ([log in to unmask]) for more information. Thank you for reading our announcement!