From: Hamilton, Susan Lynne (Sue)
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2015 5:28 PM
To: McCall, Wanda F <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: UT Gardens Knoxville 'Not to be Missed' Conifer Plant Sale!

Wanda, can you please mail this out to all Master Gardeners across the state keeping the subject line? Thanks, Sue

[cid:[log in to unmask]][Image result for conifer gardens]

News and Information from the University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture

Contact: Dr. Sue Hamilton or James Newburn, UT Gardens, Knoxville, 865-974-8265

For Release

November 9, 2015

Specialty Plant Sale & Lecture: Conifers for the Home Garden
Come Nov. 15 for an informative lecture followed by an exciting conifer plant sale
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Everyone is invited to learn from University of Tennessee Gardens experts about some of the most beautiful evergreen trees and shrubs available and how best to use them in your landscape. The event is indoors, Sunday, November 15, 2015, at the University of Tennessee Brehm Animal Science Arena at 2506 River Drive on the UT agricultural campus. This is near the UT Gardens, Knoxville.
Visitors are invited to attend a free lecture by UT plant science faculty members Sue Hamilton and Andy Pulte from 1:30 - 3 p.m., to be followed by a conifer sale from 3 – 5 p.m.
Adaptable to a wide range of soil and site conditions, conifers are the perfect anchor and companion plant in any landscape and ideal for providing four-season interest. After the lecture, shop at our UT Gardens conifer sale for exclusive and hard-to-find selections and add to your low-maintenance landscape.

Limited quantities are available. The UT Gardens is an American Conifer Society Reference Garden and our staff has used our experience to search far and wide to choose selections that perform best in our mid-South region. More than 140 different conifer selections are being offered including pine (Pinus), Japanese cedar (Cryptomeria), arborvitae (Thuja), hemlock (Tsuga), yew (Taxus), Japanese plum yew (Cephalotaxus), juniper (Juniperus), cypress (Cupressus), cedar (Cedrus), false cypress (Chamaecyparis), and Dawn redwood (Metasequoia), bald cypress (Taxodium), spruce (Picea), Japanese elkhorn cypress (Thujopsis).

A complete list of all conifers to be sold along with prices can be found at:
http://utgardens.tennessee.edu/documents/Conifer_List_Sale.pdf
Through its mission of research, teaching and extension, the University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture (UTIA) touches lives and provides Real. Life. Solutions. ag.tennessee.edu<http://ag.tennessee.edu/>

###

Contact:

The UT Gardens, Knoxville, 865-974-8265, utgardens.tennessee.edu<http://utgardens.tennessee.edu/>
[http://www.gardenvisit.com/uploads/image/image/180/18000/foxhollow_garden_conifers_original.jpg]          [https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/90/Oregon_Garden_conifer_garden_2007-12-23_15-07-28_0048.jpeg]

Susan L. Hamilton, Ed.D
Director, UT Gardens Knoxville
Assoc. Professor of Horticulture
252 Ellington Plant Sciences Bldg., 2431 Joe Johnson Dr.
Knoxville, TN, 37996

(865) 974-7972 Office
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | utgardens.tennessee.edu/<http://utgardens.tennessee.edu/>
[https://ag.tennessee.edu/marketing/EmailLogos/ut-gardens_4c.jpg]
Gardening is the slowest performing art!