Dear Participant,

My name is Jongwook Lee; I am a doctoral student in the School of Information at Florida State University. I am working on my doctoral dissertation, Information Exchanged in Mentoring between Faculty Advisors and their Doctoral Students. The purpose of this study is to examine characteristics of advisor-advisee relationships and to identify the kinds of information exchanged in such relationships in library and information science doctoral education.

I would like to invite full-time doctoral student/candidate in the field of library and information science (including: information, information science, information studies, library science, information and library science, library and information studies etc.) at U.S. institutions, to participate in this survey.

The survey should take approximately twenty minutes to complete. At the end of the survey, you will have the option to provide your name and email address to be entered in a raffle for one of ten $50 Amazon gift cards.

Please follow the link below to begin the survey:

Your participation is completely voluntary and your answers will be kept strictly confidential. In my dissertation and any sort of report I might publish, I will not include any information that will make it possible to identify you as a subject. This study is approved by FSU IRB No. IRB00000446. Please feel free to contact me ([log in to unmask]) or my advisor, Dr. Gary Burnett ([log in to unmask]), if you have any questions.

I appreciate your willingness to participate and value your responses.

Sincerely,

Jongwook Lee

Doctoral Candidate

School of Information