Good Morning Club Geography –

This is a great big thank you to those of you who participated in the planning, preparation, and execution of the Geography Awareness Week event on the Burchfiel Plaza yesterday.  Without a doubt, we interacted with and had more meaningful conversations with a larger number of students than ever before.  Your time, effort, and most importantly, enthusiasm for the event are greatly appreciated.

A special shout out goes to Michael and Brooke who designed and build the display board for the maps.  It worked perfectly and held up under some very high wind!

The methods of interacting with students that were so successful yesterday are the product of suggestions and actions by all involved over the years.  Each year we take lessons learned into account to improve the event and to make more valuable use of your volunteered time.  Please keep those ideas coming.  During the day yesterday I received some great suggestions to make next year even more interactive and appealing to students.  I will look seriously at implementing as many of those as we can next year.

I have received reports from Brooke that the events at the Muse have been going well.  I know you have one more scheduled for this Saturday.  Kudos to you  for those.

Best wishes for a successful “Taste of the World and Trivia” event on Sunday.  I wish I could be there, but I will be spreading the gospel of Geography education at a conference in Murfreesboro on Sunday.

Thanks again for all the support that each of you provides to the Tennessee Geographic Alliance, the Department, and geography education.  It is invaluable.

Kurt Butefish

Coordinator

Tennessee Geographic Alliance