University of Tennessee College of Law
No Images? Click here
Tennessee Law Now
UT Law announces $45 million fundraising goal

UT Law announces $45 million fundraising goal

Celebrating our rich 125-year history, we announced this month our campaign to raise $45 million for scholarships, faculty support, and academic programs. Learn how you can join the journey. PLUS: See highlights from our 125th Anniversary Gala and Campaign Kickoff!

College launches LLM program in business law

UT Law is now accepting applications for its first advanced law degree, the Master of Laws (LLM) in United States business law.

Students provide free legal services to homeless veterans

Students provide free legal services to homeless veterans

A group of UT Law pro bono and clinical students recently rendered more than 150 hours of pro bono legal service to homeless veterans in the Knoxville area.

Pages from the past: Library discovers 1930s-era notebooks

Pages from the past: Library discovers 1930s-era notebooks

Thanks to the discovery of a collection of handwritten class notes, the UT Law Library was able to uncover the life of a late alumnus and longtime Tennessee judge.

FACULTY FORUM

McKanders discusses processing resettled Syrian refugees

Karla McKandersassociate professor of law and director of the UT Law Immigration Clinic, spoke to WBIR-TV about the more than two dozen United States governors asking the federal government to temporarily stop accepting refugees from Syria in light of the recent Paris attacks until a stronger vetting system can be developed and implemented.

Kuney talks Bankruptcy in Practice in ABI podcast

George Kuney, Lindsay Young Distinguished Professor of Law and director of the Clayton Center for Entrepreneurial Law, recently appeared on the latest episode of the American Bankruptcy Institute’s in-house podcast, discussing the revisions made to the fifth edition of his book, Bankruptcy in Practice.